Sugar, chocolate chip, gingerbread, peppermint meltaways, butter, shortbread, rum balls … the list of the best and tastiest Christmas cookies goes on and on. But we found one mouth-watering holiday cookie recipe that you’ll want to eat all season long.
Santa’s Trash Cookies
If you love to bake cookies, then this delectable recipe is for you. These cookies are called Santa’s Trash Cookies, and they are sweet and salty with a taste like no other cookie. This recipe is for all you junk food junkies out there.
It combines regular cookie ingredients, like flour, butter, and brown sugar with some unusual cookie ingredients, including potato chips and pretzels!
The recipe calls for the following ingredients, so gather everything together before you begin.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup of flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. of sprinkles (red and green)
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1/3 cup of potato chips (crushed)
- 1/3 cup of pretzels (crushed)
- Sea salt (flaky), for garnish
This recipe makes 28 cookies and has a cook time of 8 minutes per batch. So it should take about 25 minutes of baking time in total to make all of the cookies. Here are the Delish baking instructions:
Step 1: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then line two baking sheets with baking parchment paper. Add the cream, butter, and sugars into a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until the ingredients are light and fluffy (this usually takes about three to four minutes of mixing).
Step 2: Next, beat in the vanilla and egg until they are completely combined.
Step 3: Take another large bowl and whisk the baking soda, salt, and flour together until fully combined. Then add in the dry ingredients. Mix all together until they are smooth. Expect the dough to be thick.
Step 4: Fold into the mix the chocolate chips, pretzels, potato chips, and finally the sprinkles.
Step 5: Now it’s time to shape the dough. To do so, create balls of dough (about the size of a tablespoon) and place them on the baking sheets. Press down on the dough slightly as you are putting the balls onto the baking sheets. Then add the sea salt on top.
Step 6: Put the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for about seven to eight minutes, or until the cookies just start to turn a golden brown.
Step 7: Finally, take the cookies out of the oven. Let them cool for about two to three minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
The cookies can be stored for up to one week.
Other holiday dessert ideas
Check out these other holiday dessert ideas that are delicious and sure to impress your family and friends.
- Peppermint Truffles: These creamy morsels include a peppermint and white chocolate ganache center. Read the recipe here.
- Gingerbread cake: This recipe features cinnamon cream cheese frosting and meringue kisses. See the full recipe here.
- Spiked eggnog ice cream: The adults in the room will love this one. The recipe calls for brandy, dark rum, and egg nog. The recipe can be found here.
- Rice Krispy treat presents: Your kids will love these fun and tasty treats that make Rice Krispies look like tiny presents. The complete recipe is here.
The following video shows the complete step-by-step process of preparing and baking Santa Trash Cookies.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.